[src="'http://www.vincentcheung.ca/jsencryption/jsencryption.js'" type="'text/javascript'/"]

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Totally Blessed!

So I just turned 29! For real...my first 29th birthday! As I get older, I don't really look forward to my birthday with great anticipation of something fantastic happening. I never know really what to expect, except a few cards and phone calls. This year was filled full of great surprises! From the phone calls, to the delivery of chocolate covered strawberries, to the date night, to the night out with the girls...to the homemade muffin, to the unexpected gift card, to the lunch dates with mentors...WOW! I am so blessed to have so many friends and family that love me and know exactly how to make me feel so special. My birthday is a great time for me to reflect on the past year...so here goes: So I didn't lose the 50lbs that I wanted to lose, and I didn't invent something that would bring in millions of dollars, and I didn't master being super mom (or wife for that matter), but I did do one of the most important things...I grew in relationships with all of you! I carried and evicted my third daughter. I focused more on the Lord's will for my life and my family, and gave up my selfish expectations of how I thought things should go. I cried with friends who needed me to, I laughed at myself when I made mistakes, and I kept in close contact with a dear friend who moved back home (and was even able to fly out to see her! Thanks stimulus check!) I kept my mouth shut more when I needed to the most, and I put aside my "me time" to go outside with the girls. I have a lot more growing up to do (notice that I said UP not OUT!) and am praying that the Lord will continue to do a work in me. I pray that I will become more of a woman of action and less of a woman of words. I pray that you will feel more loved and valued by me in the days to come.

No comments: