[src="'http://www.vincentcheung.ca/jsencryption/jsencryption.js'" type="'text/javascript'/"]

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Tooth Fairy

A family Halloween shot at the mall. Steve, his queen, and three princesses.
We forgot our candy bags, but thought that the Chick-fil-a bags worked great! Chloe got tons of candy was totally content!


Maci decided she wanted a treat, too. So she found her thumb and went after it! She will probably be a thumb sucker just like Emma. I've been trying to make her a pacie girl.


Emma didn't quite know how to say "trick or treat" but was very excited to walk up to people who were holding a candy bowl and watch them drop candy in her bag.


So I probably bought myself the "meanest mom on the planet" award for this, but it was all I could come up with. I am totally a money saver...always looking for ways to make cuts and save. After paying a large dental bill this month on my own teeth, I couldn't stand the thought of paying more for the girls teeth. Emma is young enough that I can still get away with things. Chloe, on the other hand is much too smart for that! So before putting Chloe to bed, I told her that the tooth fairy might come tonight. Here is how the conversation went:

Mommy: Chloe, the tooth fairy is going to come tonight!
Chloe: The tooth fairy? Why is she coming?
Mommy: She is going to come and take all of your candy, and trade it for a new toothbrush.
Chloe: Why is she going to take all of my candy?
Mommy: Candy is bad for your teeth and she doesn't want your teeth to get cavities.
Chloe: Is candy bad for my body?
Mommy: Yes, candy is bad for your body.
Chloe: Are cookies bad for my body, too?
Mommy: Yes, they are.
Chloe: Then why do you give me one at the grocery store?
Mommy: It's a once in the while treat.
Chloe: I want my candy for a once in a while treat too.
Mommy: Okay but the tooth fairy is going to take it all tonight, so tell it bye bye
Chloe: bye bye candy, mommy, can we hide 3 pieces from the tooth fairy?


So it was successful. She was happy with hiding the 3 pieces (in the fridge, and securing it with the fridge lock!) and I was happy convincing her that the rest was gone! She woke up this morning, found her new toothbrush that lights up, and was so excited! "Mommy, Mama, mommy, mama, she came, she came!" I love it! I wonder how many more years I have doing this before she out smarts me.





No comments: