[src="'http://www.vincentcheung.ca/jsencryption/jsencryption.js'" type="'text/javascript'/"]

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thankful...

My mother-in-law has a tradition of saying what we are thankful for at the dinner table while we celebrate our thanksgiving meal together. Each year I have taken the easy way out and have always said my hubby and kids. This year I really spent some time thinking about all that I am thankful for. Wow, there is so much to be thankful for. God is sovereign. That is what I am most thankful for. He is in control of yesterday, today, and tomorrow. I am so thankful that I can rest my head each night confident that He is in control and knows what's best for me and my family. As a mother of three little princesses, I often worry about this or that. He has freed me to trust Him. He is my Abba Father, my place of rest. I, honestly, do not know how people journey thru life without Him. I would be a wreck.
We traveled to Oklahoma this year for Thanksgiving. It was quite the day. Chloe got sick two hours into our trip. We decided to go a head and go anyways. We got there and a few hours later, her eye was so swollen and we decided to take her to the ER. Turns out that she has a strep infection in her face. Four hours later, we were on our way home with medicine in hand. She woke up the next morning back to normal, no temp. We enjoyed our meal and our family even more. The girls were spoiled by all of the desserts that they had to choose from and feasted on the cherry cheesecake (thanks Aunt Kathy). I am ashamed to say that I failed to take pictures. I will try to get some from my aunt to post on here.

No comments: