[src="'http://www.vincentcheung.ca/jsencryption/jsencryption.js'" type="'text/javascript'/"]

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Road trip to Oklahoma

We had a fun trip, although it was a short one. We stayed in Springfield on the way down. This was the first time we have stayed in a double bed suite. We needed the three beds. Chloe was the lucky one who got her own bed. I think this is the new way to travel. Drive half way, stay the night in a hotel, then finish the trip the next morning. The kids did great and it was nice to have a break from the van. We made it there by noon on Thursday. As we pulled in, Steve said "I sure hope we get fried okra at least once while we are here." It was so nice to walk into a home cooked meal by g-ma and it included fried okra and fried zucchini. (In the south, this is how we eat veggies...fry them up and we will eat em up.) Friday morning, Grandma Loretta and I went to a craft show, more picts and description below. Steve went to visit his best friend, Jarrod, that night. It was good for him to have some "guy time" and talk sports, as my family is pretty much clueless when it comes to sports. Ask Steve which season it is and he will say "baseball, football, or basketball" ask my family and they will say "Fall, Winter, Summer, or Spring" Grandma Loretta and I went to Fin and Feather, a craft show, on Friday and found some fun stuff! Pictured here are some of my finds! I bought the bag above for a diaper bag for Maci. It was too cute to pass up and Maci will be able to use it later if she so chooses. It can be a back pack or a one strapped bag. Too much fun!
Emma, who loves watching Dora, is always talking about a back pack. Chloe has one and Emma is always trying to sneak off with Chloe's. It was nice to see one that was Emma-sized...and it already had her name on it! Had to get it!
Okay, I know what you are thinking as you are looking at this picture. "That bow is WAY too big for that babys head" I agree...but give her a month or two! It was so cute and it had a rhinestone in it! I couldn't live without it!
So this one is a little larger then life as well. Trust me...in a few months it will be adorable on her! Just you wait and see! (isn't my bow model the cutest thing ever?)
I loved this band because you can change out the bows on it. I bought it in purple too! So as you can tell from the picture, she was TIRED of playing dress up and wanted me to stop! That was the last photo from this mommy-paparazzi.
This is Grangran, Maci's great great grandpa holding her. He is 91 yrs old. He kept calling her "doll baby" and it totally melted my heart. We kept joking that he and Maci look a lot alike...since he refuses to wear his teeth.
Here is Chloe and Emma with Deedee, their great great grandmother. She enticed them into her lap with cookies. Grandma's and cookies just have what it takes to get little girls to do about anything.
Here is Maci all swaddled up. I love making a baby burrito out of her. She sleeps so much better when she is snug as a bug! Although, in this picture she looks a little upset. And no, her hair hasn't fallen out (yet), it's just very light colored. Ladies and Gentleman, I think we have another blonde on our hands!
Here is Chloe and Emma both holding their babies. Chloe wanted to hold Maci and Emma climbed up beside her with her baby doll. So cute! At least Emma held on to her baby when Chloe let go of hers...because she was "making a funny sound." It was the basement, not the attic. Chloe doesn't do diapers yet!



3 comments:

Sarah G said...

Those bags are so cute!! And I love the headbands. I almost bought something similar to the last one had pictured for Eva. I loved the fact that you could change the bow. Glad your trip went well. It looks like everyone had a great time. The girls are so cute! Seeing them all together almost makes me ready to have another baby. :) I secretly hope that when we do have a third it is a girl! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. The picture of Maci with your Great-Grandpa is so cute. You will cherish it for years to come. I had fun hanging with you and the girls today.

The Wolfe Family said...

very cute treasures you found!! I love Maci's little bag it's way too cute!!!! BTW I see you are figuring out the digi scrap....are you addicted yet!!?? Looks great!!