[src="'http://www.vincentcheung.ca/jsencryption/jsencryption.js'" type="'text/javascript'/"]

Sunday, September 28, 2008

On Eagles wings...

Have you ever felt so connected, yet disconnected at the same time? Before having my girls, I felt disconnected (biologically) as my mother had passed away (11 years ago, this week.) Around this time of the year, I think about her. As the leaves start to fall, I think about her. As I am facing challenges as a mother myself, I think about her. Would she have thought I was a good mom? Would she have loved my girls and been that crazy grandma who doted over how beautiful they are to everyone who would listen? Unfortunately, those are questions that will not be answered. I have grown in appreciation of her and how she loved me inspite of my me-ness, if that is a word. I thought this week that I would love to call her and apologize for being such a talker as a child. Chloe has made me realize how annoying it must have been that I never shut up!
God knows exactly what we need and when we need it the most. On eagles wings, He delivers. I have been truely blessed by a very loving woman who is married to my dad. I call her "Mom." She has stepped right in and loved me and guided me to become the woman and mother that I am today. I talk with her a few times a week and am giddey to share my bargins or coupon deals with her and to hear of her great deals! It's so refreshing to connect with someone who will listen when you are frustrated, yet not allow you to walk in self pity. It is such a special relationship that I have with her. She affirms me as a mom, and I need that.



Mom,
Thank you so much for all that you do to help me grow as a woman and a mother to these little girls that God has trusted me with. Thank you for listening to me and encouraging me. Thank you for teaching me to save tons of money and to be a wise shopper. Thank you for loving my girls and baking cookies with Chloe. Thank you for flying up here to help me out when I had Maci. Thank you for being you and for loving me like you do. I appreciate you far more then I ever tell you. I'm so glad that you are blessed enough to retire so young, so now when we come down we can "play" more and find deals together! I love you!
Love,
Courtney

P.S. I must say that a trip to Canton needs to be in the works for the spring...an all girls trip!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok, I am crying. You are a great mom and wife and a dear friend too.