[src="'http://www.vincentcheung.ca/jsencryption/jsencryption.js'" type="'text/javascript'/"]

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Holiday stress...

I love the Holidays. I love the shopping and giving of gifts. I do not, however, love the stress. I told myself this year that I would not rush my girls. I do it everyday. I can't seem to stop myself. I hate being rushed, yet I am doing it to them. "Hurry get your shoes on", "hurry climb in the van", "hurry put on your coat". It's out of control how much I rush them. I am going to just be late for now on...no more rushing.

Yesterday was a stress filled day for our family. So much sadness filled our day. My brother in law, who is a fireman who I have so much respect for, came upon a wreck and did everything he could to save the mom. The kids were okay, but she didn't make it. I am in awe by how much strength it must have took for him to do that. He is amazing and I feel I don't appreciate my family (verbally) enough. I cried like a baby for this family who lost a love one. This mom...of girls. It brought back memories of losing my own mom and that pain. I hurt for this family. It reminded me of how precious life is and to live in the moment. Don't rush! Don't take family for granted. Tell them you love them every chance you can. Invest in them.

A few hours later, Steve received a call that again reminded us how precious life is. Another lost love one. A church family had lost one of their children. As he was heading out the door to be with this family, we received a call from his dad. His mom was in a car wreck. We had no details to go on, we had to rush to pick up his dad and head to the ER. The world stops when a loved one is in an accident and you have no details. We were grateful and blessed to find her with little injury. She was emotionally shooken up, but who wouldn't be?

All of these crazy happenings right at the holidays. I am left to wonder what God is intending for me to learn from all of this. Life is fragil, it's short, and we should appreciate each other more. That is what I have concluded thus far. If you are reading this blog entry, please know that God has placed you in my life for a reason and me in yours alike. I praise God that He uses people and circumstances to teach us more about Him and His love. Love you!

(I promise fun picts and lighter blog posts in the near future)

No comments: