[src="'http://www.vincentcheung.ca/jsencryption/jsencryption.js'" type="'text/javascript'/"]

Thursday, July 30, 2009

The loneliest place to be...

I have discovered that the loneliest place to be is is when one boxes themselves in from the fellowship that God has created for them. What does this mean? What does it look like? It's when one is walking thru a trial and chooses to shut the world out from supporting and helping them. It's when one chooses to lock themselves in the privacy of their pain and not allow themselves to weep. I've seen this time and time again. When it's family it is really hard to watch. I pray for those people, for their hearts to be softened, for Christ to heal them. I know from experience that beneath the hurt or disappointment, lies a fear...fear of rejection, fear of abandonment, fear of failure, fear of something. Becoming who God created us to be includes those dark moments of sadness or guilt that we don't want ANYONE to know. Allowing ourselves to be honest, allows God to use those dark moments for HIS glory.
As one who is currently walking thru the fire of life changing events, I know that people are not sure how to help. As I heard from Charles Stanley, friends walk away from you during troubled times for the following reasons. 1.) They don't know what to say, they feel inadequate. 2.) They are judging 3.) They run from you, as they are afraid that your misfortune or hardship is going to rub off on them.
How sad is that? Sometimes not knowing what to say is okay. Just being physically present makes all of the difference. I would hope that the people who have walked away from Steve and I, have done so because they didn't know what to say and not for the other reasons. Christians, PLEASE uplift and encourage your fallen brothers and sisters. Pray for each other, and build up. I have been forever changed by the refining of the fire for God's glory. I must say thank you to the friends who have remained faithful thru it all. Your love and encouragement has meant the world to me, Steve and our girls.

1 comment:

Sylvia - Mommy said...

I just wanted to let you know that I'm prying for your family Courtney.

-Sylvia