[src="'http://www.vincentcheung.ca/jsencryption/jsencryption.js'" type="'text/javascript'/"]

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Life changes

This is the hardest post I've written to date. I feel the need to do it as our lives have changed so much and our family and friends have been so loving and supportive. Steve went before the church this past Sunday and resigned. Steve confessed his sin before the church. Family members and friends, if this is the first time you are hearing this information, I am truly sorry. We have been dealing with this privately in counseling, until it was made public. Steve did NOT have a physical affair. God is renewing and restoring Steve daily. We need your prayers and support as we tread uncharted waters. If you are angry at Steve, please don't be. I have forgiven him and your grace to him will come thru your love for me. God is building up our marriage and we will serve Him thru this. Already 11 couples have shared that they too have walked this journey. We are standing in the gaps with them and together becoming much more transparent for God's glory. My posts will be fewer and farther between as we try to rebuild our lives. Please pray for our girls as they are experiencing new "adventures" as we are calling them. Pray that our house sells. Pray that the church can heal. Pray that God will provide Steve with a new job to provide for our family.

4 comments:

Jessi -in love with her family of four said...

Courtney and Steve,
I am and will continue to lift your family up in prayer. God doesn't promise us a calm passage, just a safe landing. Steve,we love you and we all fall short. The difference is admitting your short comings and moving forward and that is what you have done. Your family and your girls will be so much stronger for leaning on each other as you will need to do. God will bless you,just let him... I love you guys more than you know.
Love ,
The Hills

MDAC said...

Friends,
I think of you daily. Thank you so much for your openness, honesty, and willingness to become transparent to allow God to work through your circumstances.
I firmly believe from my own experiences that God can take even the most difficult or hurtful circumstances and pour them out as a blessing onto your head.
I love you all and will continue to pray for you.

The Wolfe Family said...

I have been praying for you guys and will continue to do so. Keep us updated as you can. I know God is walking with you through this tough time. I consider it a privilege to be able to pray for you and call you our friends. Thank you for sharing with so many what has gone on. I know it has not been easy at all but I can see God making you stronger people b/c of it. Hang in there and let God bless you and love you!!
Love,
Heather

lesliereid said...

Oh Courtney, I'm just now reading this and it's heartbreaking, but God will work all these things together for good. Your family will be in my prayers. Please email me. I can't find your e-address. Love, Leslie