[src="'http://www.vincentcheung.ca/jsencryption/jsencryption.js'" type="'text/javascript'/"]

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

I have got to say how thankful I am that this is a new year! 2009 was a very stress filled year for many reasons! I am opting to leave 2009 in the past where it belongs! I did however, want to give a few updates and share a few lessons learned along the way!
In Jan 09, we celebrated Emma turning 2! I learned I could bare a load much larger then I ever thought possible.
In Feb 09, we celebrated Steve's job promotion and enjoyed a much needed week get away to visit from friends in TN.
In March 09, we celebrated Chloe turning 4.
In April 09, I was chosen to host an American Idol Finale party thru Houseparty.com! I learned that forgiveness is much harder for some then others, but was thankful for God's grace to me.
In May 09, I won a 2010 Ford Fusion, and a trip for 2 to the American Idol finale in Hollywood!
In June 09, Steve resigned his job at the church. I learned that true friends are few and far between and that under stressful circumstances, most people don't know what to say/do.
In July 09, we traveled quite a bit. We enjoyed lots of family time and got an offer on our house!
In August 09, we celebrated Maci turning 1! We vacationed yet again, but this time with friends! Steve and I traveled with Maci to Dallas and found a nice house! I learned that God allows us to know what we NEED to know WHEN we need to know it. Some act out of guilt and can't forgive themselves, so they take it out on others.
In Sept 09, we closed on our house and moved to Dallas. I got Chloe enrolled in preschool and found a MOPS group.
In Oct 09, Maci started therapy, both physical and occupational. Jamie, Nanny and Pappy came to visit.
In Nov 09, I celebrated my 30th birthday. Steve surprised me by flying Christie up for the weekend. A week or so later, 4 other girlfriends flew up for a girls weekend! Emma decided that she was ready to be potty trained and is now FULLY potty trained, day and night! I was asked to join a team of gals in posting on MyDFWMommy.com blog and started! Last but not least, Steve turned 32...
In Dec 09, we have enjoyed a lot of time with family and friends! We traveled to St. Louis for Christmas, then to Oklahoma for New Years. I learned that it is easy to fall into a black hole at the holidays if I let myself. I have thought more this year about what my girls think Christmas is all about then any other year. I have found a new respect for a friend who was strengthened by a tragedy, and now hold my girls a little tighter.

So what will be different in 2010? I am going to try to blog about my coupon savings. I have wondered the past few years just how much I have saved each year by using coupons. This year I am going to track it and actually know! I will be tracking monthly and will try to update on here! To date, I have saved $39.15. I am going to make every effort to drink V8 each day, as my body needs it...since I am not a huge veggie eater. I am going to attempt to send 10 minutes with each of my girls (exclusive for each child) a day. I know that doesn't sound like much...but it's so hard to get one on one time without interuptions. And of course, there is always the goal to be thin in 2010. I am contemplating joining the YMCA...my girls will love the play time and I think I would enjoy the "me" time! I also want to read 6 more books this year. I had that goal last year, and accomplished it. I would also like to spend more time teaching my kids how to fish instead of just giving them fish. I have started with "whatever is not picked up before you go to bed gets trashed!" Is that too harsh? They are almost 3 and 5. Chloe gets it for sure! I'll be updating with pictures in the near future!

Happy New Years to you and your family! If you aren't already reading mydfwmommy.com blog, you should...it's saved me tons and I really enjoy posting on it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Courtney, You are so wise to take what God has given you and go with it, learning and growing as His child! You have wonderful goals for the new year and I'm sure you can achieve them all with the ever present help of our Lord! I miss you!

MDAC said...

hmmm... i like the "pick it up or throw it out" idea. As I read your blog I marvel at how many changes you have been through this year! How amazing how God moves in our life!!! Sometimes, there are moments in life that God is so still that I wonder if he is there- and others- God is like a hurricane, a mighty force moving change and growth through my life.... and the lives of others. I am so thankful for both times in my life, aren't you? I am so blessed to get to reconnect with you!