[src="'http://www.vincentcheung.ca/jsencryption/jsencryption.js'" type="'text/javascript'/"]

Saturday, October 3, 2009

I am SOOOO Not a fan of Walmart...

Walmart is NOT my favorite store by far, but I forced myself to go this week... I was quickly reminded why I am not a Walmart fan. It was raining, and I had to make a return...I had Maci and Emma and the return to get inside. I had a huge box (a baby walker) in one hand, Maci in the other, and Emma walking beside me...all while trying to manage an umbrella, my purse, and a diaper bag. TWO employees saw me trying to juggle it all and neither offered to help. Once inside the store, I had to stand in line behind 4 others who were waiting for their turn at the customer service desk. Two people were working in Customer Service, while another two were standing around chatting, messing with cell phones, and drinking soda. Anyone want to join me in my ranting about poor customer service at that place? Misery loves company! :o)

2 comments:

Carol Solstad said...

I am becoming anti-store. Seems as though customer service is history. Wal-Mart, the 800 lb. gorilla in the retail world, may be one of the worst. But, here is my rant for today. I wanted to pay my Charter bill as I have every month for four years through the automated phone system. I've had problems with the on four other occasions, but for the most part out of 49 months, they've gotten it right about 90 percent of the time. However, when I tried yesterday, the automated system shot me through to another sytem which required my account number, which it usually does not. Usually it pulls you up from your phone number and then confirms. I had the account numbers, there are two, because I have the phone service, and then I have dsl and able. Two are on one and one on the other. So, now I am talking with a Payment Center person who after about 10 minutes tells me that he can't take my payment because the system won't take MY payment. I ask him if he can transfer me to the automated system. He says yes and then disconnects me. I try again and get a pleasant woman with a distinctly foreign accent who very politely tries to do what the previous person did. We are now up to nearly 30 minutes. In fairness to her, she finally tells me that the system is not working. That the problem is not specific to MY account and that I should call back the next day. Meanwhile she will note on my account that I tried. I am not concerned about this as I am nowhere near late on the bill. She suggests I try the online method for which there is no charge. Unfortuantely I had a problem with getting on the on-line service twice before and had kind of given up on it. After now about 45 minuts, I siti and ponder whether I should try the on-line service and decide to give it a go. Well, thank you, it worked, and at the 60-minute mark, I had paid my bill which on-line requires that you make two separate payments, one for each of the two accountw, but it was done. It has gone through my account and I have confirmation numbers. Had a recorded message announced at the start that there were system problems I would have nver proceeded and probably not had the frustration. That's where the customer service failure exists. And, this is a communications company. LOL.

Sara said...

Courtney, even our fancy new walmart supercenter that just opened up here is still your typical walmart in all the ways you mentioned! Go Target! :)